Fun new experiments with cost savings on OpenAI.
Great analysis; sounds productizable. Imagine a slack plugin that:
1) detected whenever a link to a podcast episode was shared in a public channel
2) downloaded, 2x'd, and spliced the audio file
3) transcribed the spliced files
4) summarized the transcriptions
5) posted the summary as a reply to the message containing the link
If the user provided their own API key, they could even choose where on the scale from lossy/inexpensive<->lossless/expensive they want their summaries to be.
Trying out your summarizer now!